By Phone: (229) 234-9022
By Email: email@example.com or leave a message on our Facebook Page
Join our “Friends of El Refugio” email list to receive our latest information, stories from the ministry and actions you can join.
Physical Address: 655 Main Street in Lumpkin, GA 30318
Please Note: The house address is not available through Google Maps or similar apps.
Please use the following Driving Directions:
- 1. Take I-85 south from Atlanta.
- 2. Take exit 21 to merge onto I-185 South. This will be just before you get to LaGrange.
- 3. Continue 50 miles to Columbus and take exit 1-A for US 27 S/GA 1 S/ GA 520 E. Exit 1-A is IMMEDIATELY after exit 1-B. Watch the signs carefully and make sure you’re in the correct lane for the orrect exit. If you miss the exit, you’ll end up on Fort Benning’s property, and it’s no real problem, it’s just confusing and will slow you down. If you take exit 1-B by mistake, you’ll be headed into Columbus, so just turn around and look for signs for US 27 S.
- 4. Go 11.8 miles to the first flashing yellow light and turn RIGHT to continue on US 27 S/ GA 1 S.
- 5. Go about 19 or 20 miles to what is again the first flashing yellow light and turn LEFT. Before you get to that light, you’ll see a sign for Lumpkin that directs you to turn. It’s easier if you continue on to the flashing light, but if you do end up taking that turn, just continue on until you reach the four-way stop (see below), where you’ll turn left.
- 6. In a few blocks, you’ll come to a four-way stop sign. Continue straight another couple blocks and you’ll see the county courthouse on your right. Turn RIGHT at the courthouse and go one block, then turn LEFT onto Main Street.
- 7. Go past the cemetery on the right, and look for address 655 on the left. It’s a yellow house and there should be a brown and yellow sign out front that says “El Refugio.” Turn into the driveway and park behind the house. If you need to, you may park in the driveway of the house next door, which is unoccupied.
- 8. On your return trip, as you’re approaching Columbus, look carefully for the signs for I-185 N. There will be a sign, then an exit that you DON’T want to take, then the correct exit. If you mistakenly take the exit just after the sign, you’ll again end up on Fort Benning, and here you’ll have to go through a security gate and the soldier there will redirect you to the highway.